Plein Air Easton is the largest and most prestigious juried plein air painting competition in the United States. Celebrating its 15th year in 2019, the competition is held in Easton, Maryland each July. Plein air painters produce art from life (as opposed to in the studio). Artists from all over the United States and beyond apply to this competition beginning December 1st of the previous year. There will be 58 competing artists painting throughout Talbot County, Maryland the week of July 14th. Many of the world's most accomplished artists have Easton at the top of their wish list of competitions and we will continue to set the bar for excellence in the coming year.
- Art sales for last year's event topped $400,000 with 294 paintings sold in 2.5 days.
- Approximately 6,000-8,000 people participate in the festival throughout the week
- In 2018 the Collectors' Preview Party alone sold a painting every 45 seconds during a 90 minute period.
- Plein Air Easton’s Quick Draw is open to any artist with $10 and ambition. Nearly 200 artists paint for 2 hours in downtown Easton and the event culminates in an outdoor exhibit and sale along South Harrison Street.
- Galleries and arts organizations program scores of demos, workshops, exhibits and lectures as part of the event. This year an exceptional line up of reknowned artists, PAE alumni and esteemed professionals in the art world will be sharing their talents and knowledge during the week of July 14-21.
- The weekend of July 20th and 21st will feature an Artisan's Market that will showcase Delmarva artisans displaying many different types of arts from jewelry to pottery to metalworks and much more.
Plein Air Easton is at the center of the modern plein air movement. Easton is making history and the work produced here has importance beyond the daily joy of seeing original artwork in your home. We invite you to experience the vibrancy and artistic excellence of Plein Air Easton and to be a part of the history being made here. Please contact the Plein Air Easton Information Hotline at 410-822-7297 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how you can participate and/or show your support.